The next BrokenBridge commons will be on Sunday, February 26th combined with a potluck brunch, blacksmithing class, and A&S day.
10:30am Doors open
11:30am BrokenBridge Commons
12pm-4pm Outside: Blacksmithing workshop. Inside: Potluck brunch, general A&S, and warmth.
You must RSVP for the Blacksmithing class to arnorakd [at] gmail [dot] com as capacity is severely limited. Include your SCA and mundane names. Priority will be given to BrokenBridge residents and those regularly active in the SCA. You will be expected to bring your own workgloves (thick canvas is good, thick leather is better). This will be held outside in a forge in a garage so dress in layers. Keep in mind that it can start out cold but the forge can get warm since you are playing with fire.
If this goes well, we will plan another Blacksmithing class for later in the year.
Arnora is hosting in Ditmas Park. The address is 273 Argyle Road, 1st floor in Brooklyn. Call 917-297-2356 if you get lost. Take the Q train to Cortelyou road, walk three blocks left, and take a right on Argyle road. Apartment 1. There is a cat and small dog in residence.
We are having a commons meeting, followed by a Friday the 13th-themed scribal/calligraphy night this Friday, January 13th, 2017 starting at 8pm in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn. Doors open at 7pm.
Devra is graciously hosting at 627 East 8th st. Brooklyn, NY 11218 just off of 18th ave. Bottom bell, ground floor. She will be making campfire stew and rice and possibly brownies, but all are invited to bring beverages. Take the B or Q train to Newkirk Plaza, or the B8 or B68 buses.
If you want to attend the commons portion (business meeting) of the evening, arrive by 8pm. If you want to avoid the commons portion, aim for about 8:30pm.
- Officer Reports
- Seneschal Report
- Going around the room for the other Officers
- Recently Past Events
- Deck the Halls of Valhalla
- Upcoming Events
- BaconBridge 2
- Old Business
- Combining Commons with A&S
- February 24: Blacksmithing
- March 31:
- New Business
- Bank account
- Upcoming Commons (dates and locations)
- February 24: Brandr
- March 31: Arnora
- April :
- Discussions not mentioned above
- End of Meeting
- Deck the Halls of Valhalla is January 7th. Classes, food, mead, vikinging.
- Friday, January 13th is Calligraphy and Scribal night at Devra’s
- Sunday, February 26th is a Blacksmithing workshop plus potluck brunch at Brandr’s. You MUST rsvp to arnorakd if you want to blacksmith.
- We need a new autocrat for BaconBridge 2
- We are looking for a volunteer to create a newsletter
The full minutes are attached as a pdf document.
Attached is the agenda for the BrokenBridge commons meeting on Friday, Dec 2nd starting at 8pm followed by "Learn to Knit a Rectangle" class at 8:30pm.
Feel free to bring your own A&S projects to work on as well. Arnora is hosting in Ditmas Park. The address is 273 Argyle Road, 1st floor in Brooklyn. Call 917-297-2356 if you get lost.
Take the Q train to Cortelyou road, walk three blocks left, and take a right on Argyle road.
There is a cat and small dog in residence.
Meeting scheduled to start at 8pm. Feel free to arrive anytime after 7pm.
Highlights from the last commons:
A&S events upcoming!!!! Winter is for fiber arts.
-Anneke is planning a full-day naalbinding class so that students will have the time to create something. Look out for time and location announcements soon.
-The next BrokenBridge Commons on Dec 2nd, will be combined with a “Learn to Knit a Rectangle.”
-Ragnarr wants to start keeping a written record of the history of BrokenBridge. Please contact him if you know things.
-All officers were running uncontested and elected unanimously.
-All proposed policy letter changes were approved unanimously. A copy of the new revised policy letters are attached as well as available on the BrokenBridge.Eastkingdom.org under the Forms and Documents page.
Below is the list of people running for offices which will be voted on at the October 28th Commons:
Seneschal – Brandr Aronsson
Chatelaine – Johanne aff Visby
Exchequer – Lillie Red Towers
Minister of Arts and Sciences – Herr Steinmetzmeister Alaric Jager con Bremen
Knight Marshal – Jarl Valgard Stonecleaver
Herald – Ragnarr Bliskegg
Webminister – Arnora Ketilsdottir
Attached is the agenda for the upcoming October 28 Brokenbridge Commons. We will be voting on all officer positions, as well as voting on proposed policy letter changes.
Arnora is hosting in Ditmas Park. The address is 273 Argyle Road, 1st floor in Brooklyn. Call 917-297-2356 if you get lost. Take the Q train to Cortelyou road, walk three blocks left, and take a right on Argyle road. Apartment 1. There is a cat and small dog in residence. Meeting scheduled to start at 8pm. Feel free to arrive anytime after 7pm.
Due to life, BrokenBridge’s Blacksmithing class/A&S Potluck brunch has been postponed until further notice.
Once we are able to reschedule it, notifications will be sent out and posted online.
Sorry for the inconvenience
Attached is a pdf of the full commons minutes from 9/23. Below are some highlights:
- We are actively seeking a chronicler for a monthly BrokenBridge e-newsletter. Anyone interested should email seneschal
- On Sunday, Oct 30th, we will be having a A&S potluck brunch in Park Slope, Brooklyn featuring a BLACKSMITHING class. For more details, see the event calendar at Brokenbridge.eastkingdom.org
- We will be voting on proposed policy letter changes at the Oct 28th commons
- We will be voting on ALL BrokenBridge officer positions at the Oct 28th commons.
- We have a new financial policy which can be found on the BrokenBridge.eastkingdom.org website under “Documents”
REVISED MINUTES: minutes92316-1