Our next BrokenBridge Commons will be on Sunday, April 22nd at 11am. It will be followed by a needle lace class taught by the Glorious Mistress Sofya.
As usual, we will be at Brandr’s place which is 3208 Farragut rd in Brooklyn. And there will be food. And bacon.
Canton of Brokenbridge
Date: March 17th 2018
Location: Brandr’s House, Brooklyn NY
Brokenbridge March Commons
1. Brokenbridge commons called to order.
2. Office Reports
• Reports which were due in April have been submitted.
3. Previous Event Summary:
• Valhalla was attended by many but unfortunately did not make money.
• Review of Fee’s associated with the event next year will need to be needed.
• The Site will be contacted in the near future to reserve for 2019. Once the date is
confirmed, it should be added to the Ostgard Event Calendar.
4. Upcoming Event – Baconbridge:
• Event Stewards choosen.
• The exact date of the event is not known at this time but is looking to be June.
• Friend’s field has been contacted to reserve a date.
• Once the date is confirmed, it should also be added to the Ostgard Event calendar.
Ostgard Seneschal has added a tentative date to the calendar.
• Potential for an A&S display was considered. The Brokenbridge MOAS will be
reviewing possibly themes to discuss with the Event Steward.
• Potential event activities which were discussed include:
▪ Bacon Testing/Tasting
▪ Pig Piñata, Possibly with candied bacon inside.
▪ Pig Hunt (Voted No, Unanimously)
▪ Pig Dissection (Voted No, Unanimously)
▪ Additional activities are being reviewed.
5. New Business:
• “Autocrat” was noted to be “Stupid” and using the title “Event Steward” is
6. Old Business:
• Bank Account – No update at this time.
7. Future Monthly Commons:
• The next monthly commons has been tentatively scheduled for April 22nd. Pewter
casting is currently scheduled to be the event.
• May Commons has been tentatively scheduled on the 26th. Pennsic 101 will be
taught for those wishing to attend this year for the 1st time.
8. Meeting Closed.
Greetings fellow BrokenBridgians, It is with great disappointment that we must postpone our Needlepoint commons meeting on the 25th due to schedule conflicts.
We will be rescheduling it for Saturday March 17.
Sir Edward is looking forward to teaching Needle point to the Canton.
Commons will begin at 11am and Needlepoint will begin promptly at Noon. There will of course be food (Bacon) and beverages. Please Let us know if you are planning to attend so we can have an appropriate amount of materials on hand. If you have your own Needlepoint accouterments please feel free to bring it along. More on that to come.
Due to scheduling difficulties, we have to cancel the January BrokenBridge commons. The next one will be on February 25th, 2018 at Brandr’s place starting at 11am and will be followed by an Embroidery class taught by Sir Edward himself.
Minutes from last weeks’ BrokenBridge commons is attached. Highlights are below:
- Deck the Halls of Valhalla is coming up on January 13th, 2018. Prereg is strongly encouraged. More information can be found here: http://www.eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.php?eid=3267
- Next commons is Jan 7th with a class on embroidery and cross stitch
- Commons after that is Feb 25th and we will do a pewter-casting class again.
BrokenBridge commons and brunch
this SATURDAY at 11am at Brandr’s place on 3208 Farragut road in Brooklyn followed by a
SAUSAGE -MAKING class at 12pm. There is a $5 fee to participate in the sausage-making class. You are also welcome to bring your own A&S projects to work on and hang out.
The next BrokenBridge commons will be on Saturday, November 4th at 11am, hosted at Brandr’s place.
After that, starting at 12pm, there will be an A&S day with a class on Sausage-making.
Minutes from September commons are attached. Highlight is that we are planning Deck the Halls of Valhalla again on Jan 13th, 2018. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Minutes 2017-09-17 (1).pdf
Commons on Sunday, September 17th at 11:00am, followed by A&S brunch and a forge-building class. Agenda below and attached.
Location: Brandr’s place, 3208 Farragut rd, Brooklyn, NY.
Going around the room for the other Officers
Deck the Halls of Valhalla 2
New Business Upcoming Commons (date, location, a&s)
Discussions not mentioned above End of Meeting
The next Brokenbridge commons will be on on Sunday, September 17th at 11am. This will be followed by a forge-building class starting at 12 noon where we will build propane forges out of metal cartridge boxes. Also, there will be brunch.
If you wish to participate in the forge-building and make your own propane forge, send an email to arnorakd [at] gmail [dot] com at least two weeks ahead of time to let us know. We will provide you with a list of materials you need to get and costs to anticipate (about $150 all in).
If you want to observe the forge-building, or just hang out, do your own A&S, and play with Frodo, then just show up.
Brandr is hosting at 3208 Farragut road and East 32nd st in Brooklyn. There is a large friendly dog in residence (Frodo) . His house is accessible by taking the 2 or 5 train to the Flatbush Junction/Brooklyn College stop (end of the line in Brooklyn).