Minutes from last weeks’ BrokenBridge commons is attached. Highlights are below:
- Deck the Halls of Valhalla is coming up on January 13th, 2018. Prereg is strongly encouraged. More information can be found here: http://www.eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.php?eid=3267
- Next commons is Jan 7th with a class on embroidery and cross stitch
- Commons after that is Feb 25th and we will do a pewter-casting class again.
BrokenBridge commons and brunch
this SATURDAY at 11am at Brandr’s place on 3208 Farragut road in Brooklyn followed by a
SAUSAGE -MAKING class at 12pm. There is a $5 fee to participate in the sausage-making class. You are also welcome to bring your own A&S projects to work on and hang out.
The next BrokenBridge commons will be on Saturday, November 4th at 11am, hosted at Brandr’s place.
After that, starting at 12pm, there will be an A&S day with a class on Sausage-making.
Minutes from September commons are attached. Highlight is that we are planning Deck the Halls of Valhalla again on Jan 13th, 2018. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Minutes 2017-09-17 (1).pdf
Commons on Sunday, September 17th at 11:00am, followed by A&S brunch and a forge-building class. Agenda below and attached.
Location: Brandr’s place, 3208 Farragut rd, Brooklyn, NY.
Going around the room for the other Officers
Deck the Halls of Valhalla 2
New Business Upcoming Commons (date, location, a&s)
Discussions not mentioned above End of Meeting
The next Brokenbridge commons will be on on Sunday, September 17th at 11am. This will be followed by a forge-building class starting at 12 noon where we will build propane forges out of metal cartridge boxes. Also, there will be brunch.
If you wish to participate in the forge-building and make your own propane forge, send an email to arnorakd [at] gmail [dot] com at least two weeks ahead of time to let us know. We will provide you with a list of materials you need to get and costs to anticipate (about $150 all in).
If you want to observe the forge-building, or just hang out, do your own A&S, and play with Frodo, then just show up.
Brandr is hosting at 3208 Farragut road and East 32nd st in Brooklyn. There is a large friendly dog in residence (Frodo) . His house is accessible by taking the 2 or 5 train to the Flatbush Junction/Brooklyn College stop (end of the line in Brooklyn).
June 24th commons and A&S has been cancelled. We will resume these things after Pennsic.
We are postponing the forge-making class that was supposed on Sunday, June 11th. Everyone who RSVP’d has been reached out to individually. We will notify everyone once we establish the new date.
BrokenBridge will be having our forge-making class on Sunday, June 11th (instead of Saturday, June 10th as previously announced), AND we are also combining it with an open A&S day. This will be held at Brandr’s house in Brooklyn starting at 11am.
During the forge-making class, you will make a propane-powered forge out of an old ammo box. There is a class fee associated with this for those who wish to participate. In addition, there will be some materials that you will have to provide yourself. If you want to participate in the forge-making class, you MUST RSVP BY MAY 10TH to arnorakd [at] gmail [dot] com. If you just want to observe the class and not participate, this will depend entirely on the amount of space available not the day of.
Feel free to join us just to hang out, chat, and work on your own A&S projects!
We will be holding a forge-making class on Saturday, June 10th at Brandr’s house in Brooklyn starting at 11am. During this class, you will make a propane-powered forge out of an ammo box. We have space for a total of 6 people in this class.
These are the steps to getting to this class:
1. Email your RSVP to norana [at] gmail [dot] com by May 10th. Make sure to include your legal name.
2. Pay the class fee of $50 by May 10th. This covers the fire clay, fire bricks, fire wool, venturi burner, and ammo box that we will have to pre-cut before the class starts. You can paypal norana [at] gmail [dot] com or give a check to Norana Cantrell or Charlie Spickler.
3. Purchase your own regulator (approx $40) and pressure gauge (approx $20) before class starts. We will assist you in choosing the right one if you buy it online.
4. Show up to the class on June 10th at 11am dressed in sturdy work clothes that you don’t really care about.