To our amazing canton and beyond,
To celebrate the month of making, this month we are presenting a chance to showcase the creativity of the SCA! You are encouraged to seek out myths, legends, and lore for your inspiration and build a project that not only fits the theme but also makes you proud to show off.
What counts as mythic is expansive and generous: this can be Arthurian legends or the semi-mythic alligators in our city sewers or the shared knowledge of Nyan Cat. If it has cultural relevance, it is fair game!
So let’s GET BUSY! Make a scroll, choreograph your pell work, do whatever relevant SCA activity that references your myth or legend of choice. You can submit as many activities or objects d’art you want – all will be featured on the Broken Bridge website!
Take a chance and get mythic! Guidelines and Timelines are provided below, and our Webminister is available to field any questions you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Service,
Broken Bridge Webminister
- Can be an an activity that encompasses the SCA (music, performance, arts and sciences, fighting, illumination, etc)
- Needs to be connected or referring to a myth or legend; does not need to be tied to a historical or academic source/point in time (ex. NYC sewer gators, Philly’s Gritty, Actual Cannibal Shia Lebouf)
- Can have as much or as little pop culture reference as the maker desires (ex. Movies, comics, tv shows, memes, etc)
- The maker needs to give at least one point of reference for their inspiration. Outside of that, the maker can provide as much or as little context to the creation process as they desire.
- Questions or concerns can be sent to the Broken Bridge Webminister at: email@example.com
- Makers are given a six month timeline to finish the project.
- The deadline for submissions to the Webminister, if makers desire to be featured on the Canton’s website, is on November 30, 2021.
- Submissions will then be featured on the website starting in Q1 of 2022.